WiFi AI consists of a set of mechanisms that automatically configure your WiFi settings in an optimal way. Plasma Cloud’s first step toward the implementation of this concept is the auto-channel selection logic. Thanks to this feature, channels are automatically selected to minimize signal interference in your target location.
How does this work?
To enable this feature, you need to:
- Log into the Plasma Cloud console;
- Select the Organisation and Network you wish to active WiFi AI on from the top right menu;
- Navigate to Settings > Network in the main menu on the left;
- Activate the WiFi AI toggle in the WiFi settings section;
- Click on the Save button.
When enabled, the AI completely takes over channel and HT mode selection: based on data collected about surrounding WiFi networks, the AI will determine the best channels/HT mode settings for all your nodes. Please note that the AI collects data by instructing the Access Points to perform several WiFi scans of their surroundings. During this operation, client devices may experience connection drops or slowdowns, therefore the whole procedure is performed exclusively at the start of the planned maintenance window.
To cover special use cases, users always have the option to manually override channels/HT mode settings on specific Access Points if needed.