A maintenance window is a designated period of time during which unattended maintenance, potentially causing temporary disruption of service, may be performed.
Generally, it is advisable to configure the maintenance during those times of the day and week when the network is least busy. You can find the most suitable times for your own network by looking at the traffic chart on top of the devices list.
How to configure a maintenance window?
The weekly maintenance window can be configured in your network settings.
To configure your maintenance window you will need to:
- Log into the Plasma Cloud console;
- Select your Organisation and Network of interest from the top right menu;
- Navigate to Settings > Network in the main menu on the left;
- Scroll down to the Maintenance window section and make sure the related toggle is Enabled;
- Select a schedule from the Schedule drop-down menu (or create a new one by selecting the '+' button). You will see the timeline of the selected schedule right below as an easy reference;
- Remember to click on the Save button once you have selected the desired schedule.
To learn more about schedules management, please check out this article.
What happens during a maintenance window?
During the configured time of the maintenance window, your devices will:
- Automatically configure your WiFi settings in an optimal way based on our built-in WiFi AI, if the option is enabled; and
- Perform any available firmware upgrade, if the option is enabled. You can learn more about firmware upgrades in this article.
Article is closed for comments.