The Plasma Cloud console allows you to create a new SSID from scratch or clone an existing SSID. Cloning means creating a new SSID with the exact same configuration as the source SSID. This guide leads you through the process of cloning an SSID. To learn how to create a new SSID without cloning, please see this article.
Which SSID settings will be cloned?
The following settings will be copied from the source to the new SSID:
- General settings (SSID on/off, hide SSID);
- Captive portal;
- Client throttling and isolation;
- WiFi scheduling;
- Broadcast name override on 2.4GHz and 5Ghz.
How to clone an SSID
To clone an SSID, you need to:
- Log into the Plasma Cloud console;
- Select the Organisation containing the SSID you wish to clone from top right menu;
- Navigate to Settings > SSIDs > Create new SSID in the main menu on the left;
- A popup window will appear. Type in any name for your SSID clone. Select the network containing the source SSID for cloning from the network drop-down menu;
- Select the SSID you wish to clone from the SSID drop-down menu;
- Press the Create button.
You will receive a notification once the operation has succeeded.