Client isolation prevents wireless clients from communicating with each other. This is generally used for guest WiFi deployments such as in hotels and cafes to prevent cases like:
- A user unknowingly sharing a folder with the public. Malicious users may attempt to gain access to insecure private file shares;
- Infected systems infecting other vulnerable systems, leading to spread of malware among WiFi clients.
Thus, an additional level of security can be added to your network through client isolation.
To enable client isolation, you need to:
- Log into the Plasma Cloud console;
- Select the Organisation and Network containing your SSID of interest from the top right menu;
- Navigate to Settings > SSIDs > SSID name in the main menu on the left;
- Enable the toggle for Client isolation;
- Click on the Save button.