A maintenance window is a predesignated period of time during which unattended maintenance, potentially causing temporary disruption of service, may be performed.
Generally, it is advisable to configure the maintenance during those times of the day and week when the network is least busy. You can find the most suitable times for your own network by looking at the traffic chart on top of the devices list.
How to configure a maintenance window?
The weekly maintenance window(s) can be configured in your network settings.
To configure your first maintenance window you will need to:
- Log into the Plasma Cloud console;
- Select the network you want to set the maintenance window for;
- Navigate to Settings > Network from the main menu;
- Scroll down until you reach the Maintenance window menu;
- Select the start time and the end time for your maintenance window;
- [Optional] Select Repeat daily if you want the selected time period to be applied to all the days of the week;
- Click +Add.
The selected time frames will now be colored in blue in the maintenance window bar.
If you wish to modify or delete any of them, just click on the blue area. This will allow you to either:
- Modify and save the new time frame; or
- Click on the bin button to delete it.
Of course, you can always add more time frames in the same way as above (points 5-7).
What happens during a maintenance window?
During the configured time of the maintenance window, your devices will: