PoE Switch ports can power up any PoE compatible device via a simple Ethernet cable. Sometimes, power cycling a PoE Switch port may be required to restore the full functionality of a connected device. The Plasma Cloud console allows you to remotely reboot individual Switch ports through a simple click.
In order to remotely power cycle a PoE Switch port you need to:
- Log into the Plasma Cloud console;
- Select the Organisation and Network your PoE Switch belongs to from the top right menu;
- Navigate to Switches in the main menu on the left;
- Identify the PoE Switch of interest in the table and click on the related row;
- Identify the port you wish to power cycle in the table;
- Click on the action button (three dots) at the end of the port row and select Power cycle.
A pop-up window will inform you when your PoE Switch port is power cycling.