The Plasma Cloud console allows you to create a new SSID from scratch or clone an existing SSID. Cloning an SSID means creating a new SSID with the same settings as the selected source SSID. This guide leads you through the process of cloning an SSID. To learn how to create a new SSID from scratch, please see this article.
SSID settings can only be cloned from other SSID belonging to the same network.
The following settings will be copied from the source to the new SSID:
- General (on/off, hide SSID);
- Captive portal;
- Client throttling and isolation;
- WiFi scheduling;
- Broadcast name override on 2.4GHz and 5Ghz.
To clone an SSID, you need to:
- Log into the Plasma Cloud console;
- Select the Organisation and Network containing the SSID of interest from top right menu;
- Navigate to Settings > SSIDs > Create new SSID in the main menu on the left;
- A popup window will appear. Type in a name for your new SSID. Select the source SSID you wish to clone in the drop-down menu below;
- Press the Create button.
You will receive a notification once the operation has succeeded.