Throttling is the intentional limiting of an internet service to regulate network traffic and provide fair throughput share to each client. You can set up throttling on Switches and SSIDs. To set up throttling on SSIDs, please read this article.
Port throttling requires a network to be configured with firmware version 3.6 or newer.
To configure throttling on Switch Ethernet ports, you need to:
- Log into the Plasma Cloud console;
- Select the organisation and network containing your Switch of interest from the top right menu;
- Navigate to Switches in the main menu on the left;
- Click on the Switch you wish to configure in the Switch table;
- Select the port you wish to configure in the Port Settings table;
- Scroll down to the Throttling section and configure it as needed;
- Click on the Save button.
Once Throttling has been enabled, you can freely limit the upload and download throughput of your clients. This is done either by typing the desired throughput in the text box or by using the slider underneath.
Connections are bidirectional, therefore upload and download values cannot exceed a ratio of 1:10. Values may be automatically adjusted.