WiFi scheduling allows you to configure when a WiFi network may be used. This is done by automatically turning on and off an SSID based on a custom weekly schedule. For instance, it can be used to set up parental control on WiFi, to ensure guest networks are only available during business hours or avoid malicious usage while a business is closed.
How to configure WiFi scheduling?
The weekly WiFi scheduling can be configured in your SSID settings. To do so you will need to:
- Log into the Plasma Cloud console;
- Select your Organisation and Network of interest from the top right menu;
- Navigate to Settings > SSIDs > SSID name in the main menu on the left;
- Scroll down to the WiFi scheduling section and make sure the related toggle is Enabled;
- Select a schedule from the Schedule drop-down menu (or create a new one by selecting the '+' button). You will see the timeline of the selected schedule right below as an easy reference;
- Remember to click on the Save button once you have selected the desired schedule.
To learn more about our centralized schedules management, please check out this article.