WiFi scheduling allows you to configure when a WiFi network may be used. This is done by automatically turning on and off an SSID based on a custom weekly schedule. For instance, it can be used to set up parental control on WiFi, to ensure guest networks are only available during business hours or avoid malicious usage while a business is closed.
WiFi scheduling requires a network to be configured with firmware version 3.5 or newer.
How to configure WiFi scheduling?
The weekly WiFi scheduling can be configured in your SSID settings. To do so you need to:
- Log into the Plasma Cloud console;
- Select your Organisation and Network of interest from the top right menu;
- Navigate to Settings > SSIDs > SSID name in the main menu on the left;
- Scroll down to the WiFi scheduling section and set the toggle to Enabled;
- Select a schedule from the Schedule drop-down menu (or create a new one by selecting the '+' button). The timeline of the selected schedule will appear right below for easy reference;
Blue Time slots indicate when the SSID will be available to users.
- Click on the Save button.
A clock icon will appear next to the SSID name after WiFi scheduling has been enabled.
To learn more about our centralized schedule management, please check out this article.