The Plasma Cloud console allows you to manage wireless mesh both manually and automatically.
Generally, the use of WiFi AI is recommended for automated wireless mesh management. It will perform regular networks scans (based on your maintenance window) and dynamically optimize your settings to better suit your topology. For instance, wireless mesh may be disabled to reduce the WiFi overhead and increase performance when not needed. On the other hand, it will be activated on those devices that can't successfully connect to the Internet via cable.
However, should you wish to manually enable and disable wireless mesh, you can do so either on a per-network or per-Access Point basis. First, you need to:
- Log into the Plasma Cloud console;
- Select the Organisation and Network of interest from the top right menu;
Next, to manually manage wireless mesh for your network, you need to:
- Navigate to Settings > Network in the main menu on the left;
- Ensure the WiFi AI toggle is deactivated in the WiFi settings section;
- Enable or disable the Wireless mesh toggle in the WiFi settings section as needed.
Or, to manually manage wireless mesh for a specific Access Point, you need to:
- Navigate to Access Points and select the device of interest from the table;
- Scroll down to the Wireless mesh section and click on the drop-down menu to change the status of wireless mesh for this particular device.
Manually changes to Access Point mesh settings will not be overwritten by the WiFi AI.