Plasma Cloud allows you to assign one default VLAN and/or up to several allowed VLANs to each individual Switch port (to learn more about default and allowed VLANs, please check out this article).
To configure a VLAN on a Switch port, you need to:
- Log into the Plasma Cloud console;
- Select the Organisation and Network containing your Switch of interest from the top right menu;
- Navigate to Switches in the main menu on the left;
- Identify the Switch you want to configure from the Switches table and click on it;
- You will be presented with another page with two tabs. Select the VLAN Settings tab;
- Select the VLAN you wish to assign to a port or group of ports from the drop-down menu, or create a new VLAN using the + button next to it;
- Choose if the selected VLAN has to be configured as either Default VLAN (blue) or Allowed VLAN (pink) by clicking on the related buttons;
- Now select the ports you want to assign your configured VLAN to. You can do so manually by clicking on ports in the Switch graphic. You also have the option to select/deselect all ports using the provided buttons, or select a group of ports using Shift + Click. The selected ports will be colored accordingly to the VLAN state you have applied.
You may repeat points 6. - 8. as many times as needed.
- Once you have configured all the ports according to your needs, click on the Save button.