WPA Enterprise is generally used to provide enhanced security for wireless networks in corporate environments. Contrarily to the common WPA password used in home and office environments, where the same password is used by all WiFi clients on the same network, WPA Enterprise uses individual login credentials consisting of a unique username and password for each user. While common WPA passwords are configured on the Plasma Cloud console, WPA Enterprise requires a more complex setup. It can exclusively be used with an external RADIUS server centrally managing client authentication and access over the wireless network. This way users can only connect to the network with their private login credentials. There is no shared password, effectively minimizing the risk of unwanted network access from unauthorized users.
To set up WPA Enterprise on a selected SSID, you need to:
- Log into the Plasma Cloud console;
- Select the Organisation and Network containing your SSID of interest from the top right menu;
- Navigate to Settings > SSIDs > SSID name in the main menu on the left;
- Click on the drop-down menu in the Authentication section and select WPA Enterprise;
- Type the required RADIUS data in the text fields that appear below the drop-down menu;
- Click on the Save button.