Client isolation is a feature that prevents wireless clients from communicating with each other. This is generally used for guest WiFi deployments such as in hotels and cafes to prevent cases like:
- A user unknowingly sharing a folder with the public. Malicious users may attempt to gain access to insecure private file shares;
- Infected systems infecting other vulnerable systems, leading to spread of malware among WiFi clients.
Thus, through client isolation, another level of security can be added to your network.
To enable client isolation, you need to:
- Log into the Plasma Cloud console;
- Select the Organisation and Network containing your SSID of interest from the top right menu;
- Navigate to Settings > SSIDs > SSID name in the main menu on the left;
- Activate the toggle titled Client isolation in the Advanced section;
- Click on the Save button.
Article is closed for comments.