It is possible to migrate your Open Mesh Switches to Plasma Cloud.
Before doing so, check the following:
- Are your Switch models supported by Plasma Cloud (see article)?
- Have your Switches been whitelisted for migration to Plasma Cloud?
Now follow the steps below:
- Download the Plasma Cloud firmware image to be used for Switch migration;
- Disconnect the Switch from the Internet or, if that's not possible, delete the Switch from the CloudTrax account (to prevent CloudTrax from disabling the local UI);
- Connect one of the Ethernet ports to an uplink and provide an IP address via DHCP;
- Reset the Switch to factory default to enable the local web user interface. To do this, press the pinhole button on the front side called "reset" for 15+ seconds. Release when all LEDs start flashing. Your Switch will then reboot.
You can finally start migrating your Open Mesh Switches to Plasma Cloud.
Connect with your Switch through a web browser using the IP address assigned via DHCP. You will be presented with a login screen. Use the default credentials shown below:
- Username: admin
- Password: 0p3nm3$h!
and click 'Login'.
After logging into the web UI, click on 'Upgrade' in the top right corner.
Select the matching firmware image via the browsing option under 'File' and leave all the other fields unchanged. Click on 'Apply'.
The firmware upgrade will now start.
After the firmware has upgraded successfully, your Switch will reboot with the new firmware. At this point, your Switch should be connected to the Internet and automatically complete the transition to Plasma Cloud via a second firmware upgrade phase. Just wait for it to finish and you can finally enjoy Plasma Cloud on your Switch!