It is possible to migrate your existing networks from CloudTrax to Plasma Cloud under the following conditions:
- Your devices have been whitelisted for migration;
- Your device models are supported by Plasma Cloud;
- You are using the latest CloudTrax user management system;
- You have created an account on the Plasma Cloud console.
If all conditions are met, you can proceed with the migration process. First, you need to create an API key. To do so, log into your CloudTrax account and navigate to My Settings.
Scroll down the page to find the API Credentials section, here you click on Add New.
This will automatically create a new API key and password. Make a copy and save it for later use. Once you navigate away from this page you won't be able to retrieve the API Key.
The next step is to log into your Plasma Cloud console and click on Networks in the top right. This will provide you with a drop-down of your existing networks (if any) and the option to Import CloudTrax networks at the bottom.
A box will now appear with fields to paste in the API key and secret which you generated on CloudTrax at the start of the process.
After you entered your key and secret, click on List my CloudTrax networks.
All networks associated with your CloudTrax account will now be listed in a drop-down ready for import. Please note there are 4 different import modes:
- Clone network only (without devices) - This option will only clone the network settings;
- Clone network - This option will clone the network settings and import the MAC addresses of the Access Points on the original CloudTrax network;
- Clone network and unlock devices - This option will clone the network settings, import the MAC addresses of the original CloudTrax network and push a custom script to the CloudTrax network to unlock the Access Points. This will allow you to later carry out a simple manual reflash of the relevant Access Points (dual band models locked by FCC regulations);
- Clone network and install Plasma Cloud firmware - This option will clone the network settings, import the MAC addresses of the original CloudTrax network and push a custom script to the CloudTrax network to perform an over the air unlock and reflash of the Access Points in the original network. Once completed the units will automatically start checking in to the Plasma Cloud console. This process can take 60 - 90 minutes depending on the size of your network.
Once you have selected the needed import method, click on Import. A progress bar will then appear on the bottom to give you an idea of the migration progress.
Upon completion, the message You can now select another network and continue importing will appear on the bottom and the message Network imported successfully! on the right side of the Plasma Cloud console.
In case you receive an error message about MAC addresses not enabled in the cloud, please see this article.