It is possible in the Plasma Cloud console to migrate your existing networks from CloudTrax.
Before you do so, check the following:
- Are your Access Points supported by Plasma Cloud in the firmware (see article)?
- Have your Access Points been whitelisted on Plasma Cloud?
In this article, we will assume that you have already created an account on the Plasma Cloud console.
To import your network we make use of the API functionality within CloudTrax and as such you will need to start by creating an API key.
Firstly, log into CloudTrax and navigate to My Settings.
Scroll down the page to find the API Credentials section, here you click on Add New.
This will automatically create you a new API key and password, make a note of these as once you navigate away from this page you are not able to retrieve the API Key.
The next step is to log into your Plasma Cloud console and click on Networks in the top right. This will provide you with a drop-down of your existing networks and also the options for creating a new network from scratch or Import CloudTrax network; the last option is the one we are interested in.
A box will now appear with fields to paste in the API key and secret which you generated on CloudTrax at the start of the process.
Once your key and secret have been pasted over you can now click on List my CloudTrax networks.
All the networks associated with the account with which you created your API key and secret will now be listed in a drop-down ready for you to import, please note there are 3 different import modes:
- Clone network only - This option will only clone the network settings and import the MAC addresses of the Access Points on the original CloudTrax network;
- Clone networks and unlock devices - This option will clone the network settings, import the MAC addresses of the original CloudTrax network and push a custom script to the CloudTrax network to unlock the access points, this will allow you to carry out a simple manual reflash of the relevant Access Points (dual band models locked by FCC regulations);
- Clone networks and install Plasma Cloud firmware - This option will clone the network settings, import the MAC addresses of the original CloudTrax network and push a custom script to the CloudTrax network to perform an over the air unlock and reflash of the access points in the original network, once completed the units will automatically start checking in to the Plasma Cloud console. This process can take 60 - 90 minutes depending on the size of your network.
Once you have selected the needed import method, click on Import. A progress bar will then appear on the bottom to give you an idea of the migration progress.
Once the process successfully finishes, the message You can now select another network and continue importing. will appear on the bottom, whereas you will see the message Network imported successfully! on the right of the Plasma Cloud console interface.
If you are presented with an error message about the MAC addresses during this process please see this article.